Gerharz Equipment is family owned and operated for over 40 years. Our company, located in Syracuse, NY, was founded by Dick Gerharz in 1970. He originally started the business to sell equipment to his many friends in the restaurant business. As more of his friends told more of their friends about the way we do business and the money we could save them on all of their equipment needs, the business grew to where it is today – one of the largest wholesale restaurant equipment dealers in the area.
We are located in a 30,000 square feet facility with offices, showroom and warehouse. Our management staff with its nearly 200 years of experience has completed various types of food service projects. From economy hotels to luxury resorts, convenience stores to supermarkets, diners to fine dining, truck stops to marinas, day care centers to major universities.
We use Computer Aided Design (CAD) to provide our customers with the best possible floor plans for their new establishment or for the remodel of their existing business. Our commitment to total customer satisfaction has not changed in three decades, which has earned us loyalty and a high reputation in the restaurant equipment business. Our customer list continues to grow because of the quality service we can provide at any location in the country. We would like to add you to our prestigious list of satisfied customers. No matter what your next project is, we have the ability to work with you to create an efficient and successful operation.
Our company is a member of PRIDE Marketing & Procurement, Inc., one of the largest buying groups of foodservice equipment and supplies. As a PRIDE member; we are able to combine our purchases with more than 125 other independent distributors to attain the best prices in the marketplace, and thereby pass on great savings to you, our valued customers.
Our goal is to consult with our customers and help them select and purchase the best equipment at the best price to meet their unique needs. We are proud to say that when you call Gerharz Equipment you will speak to a sales consultant who has decades of experience, not just a “phone sales person.” We feel that getting the right piece of equipment to suit your needs is important and that takes personal attention and professional service. Service and a knowledgeable staff are the reasons we have grown to be a leader in the industry.
ServicesDesign & Layout
Foodservice Equipment Specification
- Conceptual Design
- Kitchen Flow and Efficiency Design
- 2D and 3D CAD drawings
- Itemized Equipment Schedules
Equipment Procurement / Purchasing
- Budget Preparation
- Develop Cost Estimates for Equipment
- Detailed Specifications
Professional Project Management/ Project Scheduling
- National Buying Group Partnership
- Expediting & Tracking of Equipment
Professional Delivery and Inspection
- Coordination with Site and other Contractors
- Equipment Delivery Scheduling
- Equipment Start-up & Training
- Receiving and Inspecting Equipment
- Storage in our Warehouse until Delivery
- Equipment Delivery, Unloading, Uncrating, Assembly Set-up
- Final Project Completion with Inspection Punch Lists
- After-Sale support
- Fully Stocked Parts Department
- Experienced, Knowledgeable Customer Service
- Consistent and Competitive Pricing
- Large selection of reconditioned foodservice equipment
- All equipment is serviced by trained technicians
- Equipment is covered by a parts and labor warranty
- We offer the highest possible prices for the equipment you want to sell
Come visit our showroom of 15,000 square feet which displays new and reconditioned equipment.
We are open to the public: Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
Directions from the New York State Thruway Exit 35 are easy to follow:
- Take the first right on to Thompson Road North
- The first traffic light you pass by is Eastern Ave
- Continue North to the second traffic light which is East Molloy Road
- Turn right on to East Molloy Road
We are the third building on the right side - gray and blue structure. Phone: (315) 463-0639
NY Phone: (800) 773-1844
FAX: (315) 463-1939
Terms:Four Ways to Order:
- By Phone: Call 1-315-463-0639 to speak to one of our sales consultants.
- By Mail: Use the convenient order form provided here.
- By Fax: Dial 1-315-463-1939 to fax your order form or purchase order. Be sure to include: contact name, address, phone number, and fax number.
- Online: www.gerharzequipment.com to submit your order.
- C.O.D. - Cash on delivery.
- Remittance Enclosed - Check or money order in full.
- Master Card, Visa, American Express or Discover.
- Open Account - Accounts with approved credit.
- To Open a New Account – Use the convenient credit application provided here. Allow 1-2 weeks for application processing; terms stated on application.
We are not responsible for typographical, pricing or photographic errors. All prices are subject to change without notice. If there is a price increase on your order you will be notified before your order is processed. Prices do not include freight charges. Delivery, assembly, and installation are available at additional cost. Taxes vary by state and county and will be added to your invoice as required by law.
There may be minimum order charges for some manufacturers. You will be notified of any additional costs before you order is processed. All orders are F.O.B. factory or Gerharz Equipment warehouse. Special Orders:
All special orders require a 50% deposit with balance due on delivery. Contact your salesperson for additional information. Shortages/Damages:
All merchandise shortages or damage must be reported within 48 hours of receipt. For truckline deliveries: freight damages are the responsibility of the carrier. Make note of any damage present on the freight bill before you sign it. File any claims directly with the carrier. Returns
Gerharz Equipment must be notified within 7 days of receipt of goods. No returns will be accepted without prior authorization. Returned goods may be subject to restocking fee plus freight. Items must be new, unused and in the original package. Items must be returned within 30 days of receipt. Items will be inspected before credit is issued. Not all items are in stock, some items need to be special ordered and are subject to availability. All special orders for non-stock merchandise cannot be cancelled or returned. Shipping Policy:
- Please note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound. Some larger items are dimension based and freight will be charged based on the dimensional weight.
- In many instances, the carrier will deliver your order to your entrance or designated delivery area. Other larger items or orders are delivered by a common carrier. For these items, a loading dock is needed. If one is not available, delivery personnel will bring your order to the tailgate of the truck and you are responsible for unloading the items and bringing them into your building.
- Items that require special shipping and handling, such as items that are large and/or heavy, will be subject to an additional fee for delivery.
- Some of our products ship directly from the manufacturer and will be in a separate shipment from those coming from our distribution centers.
- Make sure you provide a street address for us to ship to. We cannot use a P.O. Box for deliveries.
- Once the items you ordered are in stock, we'll package and ship them to you. For more information about our availability estimates, please contact us.
- Tracking Information – If you can't locate any tracking or delivery information about your package, please contact us.